Upon your arrival in French Polynesia, you must declare all goods you are carrying with you and pay the relevant duties and taxes to the customs office.
No duties or taxes to pay
You can profit from the following franchises per person :
- 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250 grams of smoking tobacco
- 2 bottles of alcohol, champagne or wine
- 1 bottle of perfume (50 g) and 1 bottle of Eau de Toilette (1/4 l)
- 500 grams of coffee
- 100 grams of tea
Nevertheless, alcoholic beverages and tobacco are not permitted for people under the age of 17.
Drugs, counterfeit items or cultured pearls (not declared at the time of entry) of non-French Polynesian origin.
Prohibited goods unless prior authorization
- Domestic pets
- Importation of live animals, animal’s products, products of animal origin
- Plants, plant products and other goods subject to sanitary control
Contact : “Plant Protection Department” for further information
PO Box 100 – Papeete
Tel port (689) 54 45 85
Tel airport (689) 82 49 99
- Cultural objects, works of art, antiques and medicines (home customs)
- Guns, weapons and all kinds need a certificate of authorization issued by the high Commissioner’s office in Tahiti
- Telephone, telecommunication equipments, radio gear, VHF, radar need an import license issued by the post and telecommunication office or by the Telecommunication division of the high Commissioner’s office in Tahiti.
In any case, it is strongly recommended to seek advice from Customs before your departure.